Welcome to Colas Construction (COLAS), where our mission to build legacies and strengthen communities has impacted the Pacific Northwest since our founding in 1997. COLAS is a general contracting firm specializing in commercial construction of diverse scopes: civic, education, affordable and market-rate housing, mixed-use developments, and more. We center the highest standards for Clients by providing the best in today's construction with strength from their commitment to hard work from the inherent value of equity and inclusion for diversity in every aspect.
About the Position: Project Manager
As the Project Manager, your leadership will support the COLAS Team on commercial construction projects where you will work with Senior Project Managers and Project Executives to ensure all aspects of the project are achieved with excellence on time, on budget, and inclusive of our commitment to safety. You will be empowered to focus on COLAS projects with the resources to support growth and success. At COLAS, we value building relationships in addition to building meaningful projects; both of which are central to this role that reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
- Leads and supports the preconstruction team, including trade coordination, the scope of work development and review, bid package and schedule development, and bid advertisements
- Manages the submittal schedule setup and coordinates priorities with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples prior to submittal to Architects and/or Engineers
- Coordinates with various stakeholders of the project, including but not limited to the Owner, Developer, Subcontractors, Field Team, Design Team, Vendors, Suppliers, etc.
- Prepares, submits, and obtains Owner and/or Architect approval for change requests
- Leads project meetings; OAC (Owner, Architect, Contractor) meetings, monthly and progress reviews
- Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent; gathers input from the Project Team and utilizes Lean Principles, develops and updates the project schedule for preconstruction and construction activities, and manages materials, labor, and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are in alignment per the project timeline
- Supports investigation of safety incidents and supports the training of staff as needed
- Identifies potential schedule impacts including, but not limited to scope, weather, workforce, and facilitates mitigation plans to avert foreseeable concerns
- Provides strong leadership skills to support the construction field team with the Superintendent
- Provides proper documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule, legal, quality, and/or safety with current best practices for documentation requirements
- Prepares monthly cost and margin forecasts with input from the Superintendent and reviews with the Project Team; participates in the development of the project budget, regularly reviews costs associated with the budget, and highlights discrepancies to enable improved financial performance
- Leads overall project closeout process using best practice standards, tools, and processes such as the close-out punch list, financials, subcontracts, warranties, etc.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 8 years of construction experience with 5+ years of construction management experience
- Experience and proficiency in structural concrete and wood framing in commercial construction projects ranging from $25k to $50m for diverse scopes (multi-family, mixed-use, civic, education, office, etc.)
Colas Construction, Inc. (COLAS) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value equitable hiring practices and adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that employment with COLAS depends solely on your qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in COLAS where we are Building Tomorrow, Today!